Hey folks, hope you all had a relaxed weekend. My weekend was pretty relaxed, lots of good food and lots of hiking. So let’s continue the weekend coziness and kick off the week with something sweet. Like this baked apple rings I made couple days ago as a desert for an easy dinner party. I haven’t had baked apple rings in years, probably last time in the 90’s. I nearly forgot how delicious they are and how easy peasy to make. It wasn’t my intetion to post about them but since I got couple emails asking how to make them, I thought it would be selfish not to share this perfect fall recipe. So enjoy and have a great week.
You need for 4 servings:
– 4 apples ( you can use what ever you like)
– 2 eggs
– 1 cup milk
– 1 cup flour
– pinch of salt
– oil for frying
– 3 tbsp sugar
– 2 tsp Cinnamon
What to do:
1. Peel apples, core them (I used this apple corer), cut the apples into rings. The rings shouldn’t be too thin so they don’t brake easily, but also not too thick, maybe about 0.3 inch.
2. Mix the egg and the milk together. Add the flour and the salt, and combine well.
3. Heat the oil in a pan, dip each ring into the batter and fry it for about 3 minutes on each side.
4. Place the rings on a plate with a paper towel so the oil can drain.
3. Mix the sugar and the cinnamon together and sprinkle the mixture on the apple rings.
That’s all friends! Enjoy it and let me know if you have made them.