Beets were banished from my menu for years. I don’t know how it came, they somehow just disappeared. Until two weeks ago when they had a pretty good comeback in quinoa and spinach salad. Since then I could eat them everyday. I was experimenting a little bit around to see what works and this Beet-Burrata Carpaccio turned out pretty good. It’s made in less than 20 minutes and it makes a perfect, light appetizer to share. My good friend and I are organizing a dinner for friends and this dish might just became our starter. I haven’t done anything else with beets except using them in salads. How about you? Do you have any good beet recipe? Please share with me as long as beets are on my menu. 😉
For 2 servings you will need:
– 8 oz pre-cooked beets
– 1 piece burrata
– 2 tbsp crushed pistachio
– 3 tbsp minced chives
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 2 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette
-1 pressed garlic clove
– 1/4 tsp salt
– pepper to taste
What to do:
1. Make the dressing: Blend olive oil, balsamic, salt, garlic, pepper and 1 tbsp chive together. Set aside.
2. Place peeled pistachios in a zip lock bag and crush them with a rolling pin. They don’t have to be super fine.
3. Cut beets into thin slices and place them on a serving plate. Chop burrata into desired pieces with your fingers and place it over the beets.
4. Pour the dressing over the beets and burrata, and sprinkle with pistachios and remaining chives.
Voilá! Done! Serve with some good bread and enjoy!